I have no doubt many of you, as artists and songwriters reading this, have a desire to have your music represented for music licensing. As spoken by a successful Music Supervisor, Sarah Gavigan, there are ten good reasons why music licensing can save your career as an artist.
1) It is the quickest way for an artist to earn additional income. the average licensing fee paid to independent artists is $500. It would take selling 700 downloads of your song to equal that in income.
2) No travel expenses to get the music heard or sold.
3) Leaves more time to for you to record and gig.
4) Even "cover" songs get placed - the recording does not have to be of a song that is your original copyrighted work.
5) Dedicating even 30 minutes a day to networking with music supervisors can reap it's rewards.
6) You can sell music for licensing that would not necessarily make it onto your commercial CD.
7) You can build a catalog of music specific to Advertising, TV and Film.
8) The distribution for licensed music is global and huge.
9) It can help you build an audience over night for your music and CDs.
10) It can potentially lead to a label deal or management that normally might not have given you a second thought.
To be included in our Collective Music Cachet catalog, please submit tracks (MP320s) to email@example.com. After review, we will notify you as to the status of your submission.